o 2 prepared pie crusts
o 4 cups cooked turkey, roughly chopped
o 2 cups diced carrots
o 1 ½ cups chopped celery
o 1 ½ cups chopped onion
o 3-4 cloves garlic, minced
o ½ cup butter plus 1 Tbsp.
o 1 Tbsp. cooking oil
o ½ cup flour
o 2 cups turkey stock
o 1 cup milk
o ½ cup frozen corn
o ½ cup frozen peas
o 1 tsp. chicken boullion
o ¼ tsp. dried thyme
o 1/8 tsp. ground sage
o 1/8 tsp. black pepper
o Salt and pepper to taste
o 1 egg
1. Preheat oven to 400-degrees. Prepare a pie dish with a bottom crust, roll and prepare the top crust. Crack egg into a small dish, whisk and set aside.
2. In a heavy-bottomed pot on the stove over medium heat, add 1 Tbsp. butter and oil followed by carrots, celery and onion. Cover until steam begins to escape.
3. Remove lid and cook for another 15-20 minutes (depending on size of diced veg), stirring often.
4. Once onions have become translucent, add minced garlic, thyme, sage and pepper. Stir well.
5. Increase heat to medium-high. Add turkey stock and boullion, bring to a boil.
6. Meanwhile, melt ½ cup butter in a separate pan over medium heat and add ½ cup flour. Stir well and often until it becomes a light golden color.
7. Stir butter/flour (roux) mixture into vegetable pot, allow to return to a simmer.
8. Once bubbling, turn off heat and add milk, turkey, corn and peas. Stir well. Adjust salt and pepper to taste if needed.
9. Pour mixture into prepared pie dish and top with the second crust, sealing edges well. Cut slits to allow for steam to escape. Brush with whisked egg, adding a tiny splash of water if necessary. Sprinkle with coarse kosher salt if you wish.
10. Bake for 35-45 minutes, or until crust is shiny and golden. Allow to cool for at least 15 minutes before serving. Enjoy!