o 1 pasture-raised Fresh Ham roast
o 3-4 onions, quartered
o 5-6 cloves garlic, peeled
o ¼ cup coarse Kosher salt
o ¼ cup raw honey
o 2 cups boiling water
o 2 cups ice
o 1 Tbsp. olive oil
o Fresh ground black pepper
o 1 bottle Ginger Agave Kombucha
1. Combine boiling water, ¼ cup honey and Kosher salt; stir until dissolved. Add ice and stir.
2. Remove fresh ham from package and place into a large bowl. Pour brine over-top. Cover and refrigerate for 6-12 hours.
3. Preheat oven to 450-degrees.
4. Remove roast from brine and pat dry. Place on top of onions and garlic cloves in a large roasting pan with the fattiest side-up.
5. Drizzle fresh ham roast with oil and season with pepper. Roast in the oven for 30 minutes.
6. Reduce oven temperature to 350-degrees.
7. Pour kombucha into the bottom of the pan and continue to cook for another 45-90 minutes, or until a thermometer reads 145-degrees.
8. Remove to rest for at least 15 minutes before slicing. Enjoy!
The "fresh ham" name may be deceiving. Think of it rather as a pork roast, as it is uncured and unsmoked and does not have that ham flavor.