-2 heads green cabbage
For the filling:
-1 pack Grass-fed Ground Pork
-1 pack Grass-fed Ground Beef
-1 ½ cups cooked rice
-2 medium onions, finely chopped
-4 cloves garlic, minced
-1 cup tomato sauce
-2 Quarts tomato sauce
-Optional: butcher’s twine
1. Fill large pot with water, bring to boil.
2. Core cabbage heads, place in boiling water. Cook about 5 minutes or until tender enough to pull away whole, individual leaves
3. Once cabbages have cooled enough to handle, pull off about 25 medium-large leaves. Place whole leaves on cutting board or other flat surface for later use.
-In a large mixing bowl, combine raw ground pork, raw ground beef, one egg, tomato sauce, cooked rice, onions, garlic, salt and pepper. Don’t over mix.
-Heat oven to 350 F
1. Flatten a cabbage leaf on a plate/flat surface
2. Place about ½ cup of meat mixture towards the center of the cabbage leaf
3. Fold up like a little package. Fold left side to middle, fold right side to middle, and roll up from the bottom. Tying with twine is optional
4. Repeat using remaining leaves/mixture
1. Pour a small amount of tomato sauce at the bottom of a large dutch oven or casserole dish. Place one layer of golabkis and pour tomato sauce on top, repeating until full.
2. Cover and cook about 1 hour or until meat is fully cooked (160F). Remove twine before serving.