o 1 lb. 100% grass-fed Ground Beef
o 4 oz. thinly sliced Alpine Cheese or 4 slices American cheese, broken into pieces
o Freshly ground black pepper and salt; to taste
o Worcestershire sauce, optional
1. Divide ground beef into 8 equal sections. Gently form into balls and dash each with Worcestershire.
2. Place each ball of ground beef between two sheets of parchment paper and press with a plate (or tortilla press) until very thin.
3. Preheat grill or cast iron pan on stove over medium-high heat.
4. Top four thin patties with cheese, leaving about ½” around the perimeter uncovered.
5. Place remaining patties on top and seal edges to form a puck with cheese no longer visible.
6. Season both sides of patties well with salt and pepper.
7. Cook on the grill or pan for 4-6 minutes per side. Poke each patty with a fork after the first flip to allow steam to escape. Allow to rest for about 5-10 minutes, but be sure to serve warm.