o 1 rack Pasture-raised Spare Ribs
o 1 ½ Tbsp. coarse Kosher salt
o 1 tsp. black pepper
o 1 tsp. onion powder
o 1 tsp. garlic powder
o 1 tsp. smoked paprika
o BBQ sauce and/or Hot Honey (both optional)
1. Preheat oven to 275-degrees. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil and place a roasting rack on top.
2. Remove spare ribs from package and remove membrane for a more tender final product. Combine seasonings in a small dish and rub ribs generously, especially on the meatier top side.
3. Place onto roasting rack and cover with foil, sealing well to not allow any steam to escape. Place into oven for 2 ½ hours.
4. When the time has ended, check ribs for doneness. The meat should begin to pull away on it’s own when picked up from a rib bone. If it is not yet tender, replace foil and continue to cook in 30 minute increments until done to your liking.
5. Remove foil and brush or drizzle on BBQ sauce and/or hot honey if using. Place under the broiler, watching carefully to avoid burning, until the seasoning rub or sauce is bubbling and carmelized.
6. Remove ribs to a cutting board and tent with foil to rest for 5-10 minutes. Enjoy!