Speedy Pork Stir Fry
March 30, 2022 • 0 comments
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
o 1 lb. Pasture-raised Ground Pork
o 1 small onion, diced
o ½ lb. Carrots, thinly sliced
o 1 rib celery, thinly sliced
o Additional chopped vegetable “fridge scraps” (optional!)
o 1 Tbsp. cooking fat or oil
o Salt and pepper
o Green onions and sesame seeds for garnish (optional)
o ¼ c. low sodium soy sauce
o ¼ c. pork stock, plus 1 Tbsp. (sub. w/chicken or veg.)
o 2 Tbsp. Local Raw Honey
o 2 Tbsp. rice vinegar, divided
o ½ Tbsp. fish sauce
o ½ tsp. toasted sesame oil
o ¼ tsp. dried ground ginger (or ½ - 1 tsp. fresh grated)
o ¼ tsp. dried hot pepper flakes (optional)
o 1/8 tsp. garlic powder
o 1/8 tsp. ground white pepper
o 1 tsp. arrowroot powder
1. Preheat large cast iron or other heavy-bottom pan on the stove over medium heat. Add ground pork and season lightly with salt and pepper; about ¼ tsp. each. Break up and cook for 8-10 minutes or until cooked through. Meanwhile in a separate dish, whisk together sauce ingredients - reserving 1 Tbsp. each stock and rice vinegar.
2. Remove pork to a bowl and add fat or oil to pan to briefly preheat. Add carrots and cook for a minute before adding onions and celery. Stirring often, cook for another 5 minutes or so.
3. Add remaining tablespoon of stock and vinegar, stir and cover with a lid for 2 more minutes.
4. Stir cooked pork into the vegetable pan, then pour sauce into pan. Reduce heat to medium-low to prevent the honey from burning. Allow to simmer, stirring frequently for another 3-5 minutes.
5. Serve over rice or vegetable and garnish if you wish. Enjoy!