o 1 tsp. coarse salt
o ½ tsp. ground black pepper
o ¼ tsp. garlic powder
o ¼ tsp. dried thyme
o 1/8 tsp. dried rosemary, lightly crushed
o 2 whole carrots or celery ribs; optional, see notes
1. Remove eye round roast from packaging and dry well. Mix remaining ingredients together in a small dish and season roast thoroughly. Allow to set at room temp for a minimum of 30 minutes.
2. Preheat oven to 500-degrees F. Prepare a shallow-rimmed pan with a roasting rack set atop.
3. Place seasoned eye round on the rack, fat cap side-up (give it a good shove-down and hope it stays or check the notes below!). Roast at 500-degrees for 15 minutes.
4. Reduce oven temp to 325-degrees. Continue to cook for another 40-60 minutes, or until done [almost] to your liking. Keep in mind that the internal roast temperature will increase by about 5-degrees during resting.
5. Allow to rest for at least 15 minutes before slicing to serve. Enjoy!
- Due to the shape of this beautiful muscle, you will likely need the aid of two vegetables to keep it propped up. Carrots and celery are both great at this, as well as adding some extra delicious aromatics!
- My roast was 2 pounds exactly. Cooked at 325-degrees for 50 minutes, I pulled it at 135-degrees with a final resting temp. of 140-degrees.