o 1 lb. pasture-raised Ground Pork
o 1 lb. grass-fed Ground Beef
o 2 pasture-raised Eggs
o ½ - ¾ cup oats
o 2 tsp. coarse Kosher salt
o 1 tsp. ground black pepper
o 1 tsp. dried Italian herbs
o 1 tsp. Aleppo pepper (optional)
o ¾ cup BBQ sauce -- divided
o 1 large onion, diced
o 1 red bell pepper, diced
o 4-6 cloves garlic, minced
o ½ tsp. coarse Kosher salt
o 1 Tbsp. oil or butter
1. Preheat oven to 375-degrees.
2. Heat oil or butter in a skillet on the stove over medium heat. Add onion and pepper, followed by garlic and ½ tsp. salt. Cook for about 10 minutes or until onions are soft and translucent. Remove from heat to begin to cool.
3. Meanwhile, loosely place first nine ingredients - only ¼ cup BBQ sauce - in a large mixing bowl. Line a large, rimmed baking sheet with foil or parchment paper.
4. Once onion mixture has begun to cool, add to the bowl. Gently mix, just enough to incorporate the ingredients; being careful to not over-mix the ingredients and deteriorate the quality of the ground meat.
5. Divide into six even sized balls and gently form into football shapes. Place onto lined baking sheet and into oven for 15 minutes.
6. Briefly remove pan from the oven. Flip meatloaves and pour remaining ½ cup BBQ sauce over each one, brushing the sides.
7. Place back into the oven for another 5 minutes.
1. Remove meatloaves from baking sheet after the initial 15 minutes, brush all-over with BBQ and allow to quickly cool to room temp.
2. Place them onto a tray lined with parchment paper and put into the freezer for an hour or until the outside surface has frozen.
3. Put meatloaves into a freezer bag or vacuum seal with reheating directions;
Reheating from frozen: 350-degree oven for 30-45 minutes, covered for the first half. May wish to brush again with BBQ sauce.