o Grass-fed flat iron steak
o ½ tsp. Coarse sea or Kosher salt
o Freshly ground pepper
Optional: Aleppo pepper or seasoned pepper
1. Remove your steak from the fridge and wrap in a paper towel.
2. Preheat cast iron pan over medium-low heat.
3. Season steak with pepper, pat dry again.
4. Increase burner temp to medium-high and sprinkle salt onto pan.
5. Place dry flat iron steak on pan, cooking for 2 minutes.
6. Flip steak, dragging the un-seared side through the scattered salt. Cook for 90 seconds.
7. Lower heat to medium, flipping every 30-60 seconds for 3-5 minutes until thermometer reads 120-130 degrees Fahrenheit.
8. Remove from heat, cover with tented foil and let rest for at least 5 minutes. Slice against the grain and serve.
This steak pairs excellently with a fast Garlic-Rosemary Compound Butter!
For cooking tips when preparing more than one steak, or for a quick mushroom side while your flat iron is resting, check out this blog post!